I have taken the plunge and decided to join a group of online personal finance bloggers, on a popular personal finance site called Yakezie. I cannot remember how I stumbled across the website online, but I do read a lot of popular personal finance blogs. One thing I found in common with all of them is that they had this badge on their website called “Yakezie”. So of course what did I do, I clicked the badge. When I first start reading the website I’ll be honest I was a little intimidated. The reason I was intimidated is for two reasons:
1) I was not that consistent with my blogging, even though I enjoy writing and reading about Personal Finance.
2) I did not have an online following, who commented on my business blog website.
I know those reason may sound vain, but I did not want to be judge about who I am and whether I blog often or not. But fast forward I’m glad I did decide to join the online challenge with Yakezie. If you’re wondering what the Yakezie online challenge is, the online challenge is to “selflessly help others”. The way you “selflessly help others” and become an official member of the Yakezie community is take part in the Alexa ranking challenge.
In order to take part in the Alexa ranking challenges, you have to commit to six months, and the challenge is open to personal finance or lifestyle bloggers. Some of the other rules are to
1) Install the Alexa toolbar if not already and comment what your current Alexa ranking, so Yakezie can keep track.
2) Write consistently 2-4 times a week for 6 months.
3) Install the Yakezie badge with pride.
4) Announce on your blog that you have joined the challenge.
5) Selflessly promote others.
I know I have some hard work ahead of me, but since a I committed to taking this challenge. I’m looking forward to staying consistent and writing.
By the way, take a look at some of the popular bloggers featured on the website. Click here
No related posts.